Beef Stuffed Peppers
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Calabrian Marinara
- 2 cups of legume rice
- 6 multi-color bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Vidalia onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring Vero Gusto sauce to a simmer.
- Cook legumes according to package directions and set aside.
- Remove the top stem from peppers. Drizzle peppers with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a skillet add remaining oil, onion and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper; then brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, 1 cup of the sauce, legumes, 1/2 of the cheese, and 1/2 of the parsley; mix together.
- In an oiled 13x9 baking dish, pour 1/2 of the remaining sauce in the bottom of the dish. Stuff peppers with legume and meat mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Garnish with remaining parsley.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 153
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza