Pasta & Pizza
Calabrian Ragout Pasta
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Calabrian Marinara sauce
- 1 lb Barilla Collezione Rigatoni
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vidalia onion, small dice
- 1 cup red pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and brown sausage, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook Rigatoni according to package directions.
- Add remaining oil, garlic and onion to the same skillet used for the sausage. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms and peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Return sausage to the skillet, add chicken broth, Vero Gusto, cream and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Remove from the fire and add cheese and parsley.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 9
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza