Pasta & Pizza • Vegetarian
Casarecce with Chickpea, Fire Roasted Tomato and Beans
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Heritage Marinara
- 1 box Barilla Collezione Casarecce
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cipollini onions, peeled
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chili pepper flakes to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a skillet, add garlic and chili flakes, cook garlic until slightly yellow in color, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are tender and browned.
- Add jar of Vero Gusto and reduce to a desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, remove from the heat and fold in cheese and parsley.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 0
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza