Pasta & Pizza • Vegetarian
Casarecce with Olives and Eggplant
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Sicilian Herb
- 1 box of Barilla Collezione Casarecce
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of green olives, pitted and sliced
- 5 leaves basil torn
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on fryer to 350 °F. Season eggplant with salt, dust with flour and deep fry about 3 minutes until golden.
- Place a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté garlic and pepper flakes with 2 tbsp olive oil for 1 minute and add olives and roasted eggplant.
- Next, sauté for several minutes, add Vero Gusto and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt if needed. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Stir in cheese and basil before serving.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 3
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza