Appetizers • Sides • Vegetarian
Crispy Fried Polenta Cakes
- 1 cup Vero Gusto Tomato & Basil sauce
- 1 package of store-bought polenta
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix diced mozzarella and ricotta with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a pastry bag.
- Cut polenta in 1/2" rounds. Dredge lightly with flour and deep fry in oil at 350°F until golden and crispy outside.
- Meanwhile, reheat 1 cup Vero Gusto in the microwave.
- Pipe a dollop of cheese mixture on top of each polenta fritter. Top with Vero Gusto. Garnish with basil.
Tomato & Basil
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 4
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza