Appetizers • Vegetarian
- 1 jar of Vero Gusto Tomato & Basil sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, 1/2" rounds
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, Ovalini
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chill a jar of Vero Gusto Sauce in the fridge and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse and dry one medium eggplant and slice into rounds, about 1/2" thick. Season eggplant rounds with salt and pepper, and lay evenly in a nonstick skillet.
- In skillet sauté the eggplant until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. While the eggplant cooks, cut an ovolini (medium ball) of fresh mozzarella into 1/2" thick rounds.
- Arrange the eggplant, basil leaves, and mozzarella on a plate, alternating one of each.
- Drizzle generously with chilled Vero Gusto, a drizzle of olive oil, and balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Tomato & Basil
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 1
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza