Appetizers • Sides
Homemade Focaccia Bread
- 1 Jar Vero Gusto Tomato Basil
- 2.2 lb. of bread flour
- 25 oz. water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 oz. honey
- 2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Mix room temperature water with honey and yeast, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine bread flour, olive oil and 25 ounces of water until incorporated but not yet smooth. Add 2 ounces of olive oil and 1 TBSP salt, mixing for two minutes. Let rest one hour at room temperature. Lightly coat dough with oil and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day place dough on a generously oiled 13x9 inch pan, flatten to 1 inch thickness. Let dough rise again for about 2 hours at room temperature.
- Bake at 450 degrees until light brown, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a rack to cool.
- Top with Vero Gusto sauce, oregano and Romano cheese and bake again for five minutes. Serve hot.
Tomato & Basil
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 3
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza