Appetizers • Sides
Homemade Meatballs & Bread
- 2 Jars Vero Gusto Heritage Marinara
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- 1 TBSP Parsley, chopped
- Soak bread in milk. Squeeze out excess milk and mix with all the rest of the ingredients. Do not overmix. Form 1-inch size meatballs and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bring sauce and 1 cup water to boil. Add meatballs, stirring while bringing the sauce to a simmer until thoroughly cooked and the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Top with parsley and Romano cheese and serve with crusty bread drizzled with olive oil and toasted on the side.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 2
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza