Appetizers • Sides • Vegetarian
Lentil Chickpea Soup Recipe with Rosemary & Garlic
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Sicilian Herb
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained [16oz]
- 1 can of lentils, drained [15oz]
- 2 quarts veggie broth
- 2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp basil, julienned
- Sauté celery, carrots, onion, with garlic, rosemary and 2 tbsp olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat.
- Then, stir in Vero Gusto, veggie broth, potatoes, chickpeas and lentils and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until potatoes are cooked and flavors are well combined. Serve with Romano cheese and fresh basil on top.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 1
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza