Appetizers • Favorites • Vegetarian
Mozzarella in Carrozza
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Tomato & Basil sauce
- 12 slices of white bread
- 1/2 cup of low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 quart of Canola oil
- Lay 6 slices of bread down on the counter. Top with mozzarella and then gently press the remaining bread on top. Trim the crust of the bread.
- Roll sandwiches in flour, followed by beaten eggs and then breadcrumbs.
- Cut sandwiches in half, keeping mozzarella sealed within the bread.
- Deep fry halved sandwiches in oil.
- Serve immediately with heated Vero Gusto for dipping.
Tomato & Basil
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 11
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza