Pasta & Pizza
Penne with Spicy Sausage and Artichoke Ragout
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Sicilian Herb sauce
- 1 box Barilla Collezione Penne
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage, without casing
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 artichokes, cleaned and wedged
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a pot of water for pasta.
- In a skillet, brown the crumbled sausage until cooked through.
- Stir in white wine and reduce before adding Vero Gusto, 1 cup of hot water and the artichokes.
- Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes over medium heat or until artichokes are thoroughly cooked. If needed, add a bit of leftover pasta water.
- Drain penne and add to the creamy sauce. Toss over high heat until well-combined.
- Top with cheese and parsley before serving.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 5
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza