Pasta & Pizza • Vegetarian
Spinach and Mushroom Manicotti
- 1 Jar Vero Gusto Sicilian Herb
- 1 Box of Barilla® Manicotti
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 5 oz. Baby Spinach
- 8 oz. Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onion cooking for 1-2 min or until the onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms, salt & pepper; cooking an additional 1-2 min. Add spinach, mix and set aside to cool.
- Add mushrooms, onion and ricotta to the cooled spinach mix. Next, mix in ½ of the Parmigiano cheese, and 1/2 mozzarella cheese.
- Place mixture in a piping bag and fill Manicotti. In a baking dish, add 1/2 of the Vero Gusto sauce to the bottom of the dish.
- Place filled Manicotti on top of sauce and cover with the remaining ½ jar of Vero Gusto. Top with remaining cheese and bake covered for 20-25 min. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 2
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza