Chicken & Seafood
- 1 Jar Vero Gusto Heritage Marinara
- 1 Turkey breast
- 6 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 oz. dry porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in one cup of water
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup spring peas
- 1 TBSP Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf crusty sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place an oven safe skillet (like cast iron) on the stove, heat 3 TBSP of the oil and sear turkey breast on both sides.
- Place skillet in the oven for 2 hours, or until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- In a new skillet add remaining oil and sauté onion and both mushrooms for five minutes. Add chicken broth and Vero Gusto; bring to a simmer and then add to the seared turkey breast.
- Cover with a lid, and let sauce and turkey simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas, garnish with Italian parsley. Serve with toasted crusty bread on the side.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 1
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza