Pasta & Pizza • Vegetarian
- 1 jar Vero Gusto Sicilian Herb
- 1 box no-boil lasagna
- 7 tbsp flour
- 7 tbsp butter
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the eggplant 1/8" slices, season with salt, pepper and olive oil and bake on sheet pans in the oven at 400° F for 10 minutes or until slightly brown ad thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil milk, separately melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. Stir in milk while whisking continuously. Boil for 3 minutes until bechamel thickens up. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 13x9 greased baking pan, start with 4 tbsp bechamel and lay down 3 sheets of lasagna. Cover noodles with 4 tbsp bechamel, 3 tbsp Vero Gusto sauce, some fresh basil, few slices of eggplant, a sprinkle of mozzarella and Romano cheese.
- Repeat 4 more times, topping the last layer with all ingredients left at the end. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400° F for 30 minutes.
- Take the foil off and brown for 5 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 0
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza