Pasta & Pizza • Vegetarian
Vegetarian Penne Pasta Bake
- 2 jars of Vero Gusto Heritage Marinara
- 1 box Barilla Penne
- 12oz plant based meat alternative
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz ricotta (substitution: vegan ricotta)
- 5 oz low fat mozzarella, shredded (substitution: vegan mozzarella cheese)
- 1 yellow squash, small dice
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and cook plant based meat until brown.
- Add the squash, and cook for an additional minute. Season to taste and add Vero Gusto sauce, cooking until warm.
- Remove from the fire and add ricotta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and mix with sauce and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese, and bake at 350°F uncovered for 10 minutes, or until light brown on top. Garnish with parsley.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 3
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza