Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini
- 1/2 jar Vero Gusto Heritage Marinara
- 4 zucchini, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12oz plant based meat alternative
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp mozzarella, shredded (substitution: vegan mozzarella cheese)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut stem and bottom of zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon remove the seeds from the interior of the zucchini. Drizzle with half of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 4-5 min. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium/high heat add oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add plant based meat and cook until 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Fill zucchini with meat mixture. In a 13x9 inch baking dish add 1/2 the Vero Gusto sauce to the bottom of the dish. Top with stuffed zucchini. Drizzle remaining sauce over zucchini. Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 7-10 minutes at 350° F or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Garnish with parsley.
> Learn More
Like this recipe? 3
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Chicken & Seafood
- Pasta & Pizza